Thursday 11 October 2012

Task 4d

Award Title & Rationale
 
 
 
BA (Hons) in Professional Practice in Education of Drama and Theatre Arts
 
My original ideas were to have my title in performance for example; 'in Performing Arts' or 'in Musical Theatre', however I came to the conclusion that I already have a National Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre from the Urdang Academy. I realised not many casting directors are going to take a Degree into account when casting productions. Therefore, I decided to use 'Education' in my award title as I want to use my Degree to get a Teaching Qualification and I want to focus on drama education as my practice. 'Drama' represents my current focus and 'Theatre Arts' covers all my performance related subjects that I teach , e.g; different styles of Dance, Musical Theatre and Choreography.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I'd keep it focused on the subject and not include education. This is because you want your award to be understood as covering your main training in the performing arts. As soon as you add 'education' reasonably, people will think you have a sound knowledge of pedagogy, educational principles taught at university etc. I'd keep it focused onto 'Performing Arts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Alan. I hate the words "Performing Arts" I don't know why!! Maybe Drama and Theatre Arts something like that?

      Delete
    2. Hi Rebecca,
      I think theatre and performance is good as you are an actress and the art of performing is still what you teach as a tutor. I know I m not mad about the term performing arts either its broad and can be a bit stagey.BA HONS IN PRPFESSIONAL PRACTICE IN THEATRE AND PERFORMANCE. Just a thought.
      Best wishes,
      Pauline

      Delete
    3. Pauline!

      Thank you so much for your comment! I love this title, its great. It sums up everything. However, I don't want to be limited to just theatre as I love TV too. Maybe Drama and Performance?

      Thanks

      Rebecca

      Delete