Thursday 1 November 2012

Task 5b

Task 5b
 
When reading my original ideas of 'ethics within my place of work' and then taking a second look at Reader 5. I realise that a code of conduct is used to protect participants within the work place. However, Ethics are more a sensation than a set of rules. Principles and Morals are not rules, like the a Parent or Guardian might set for their children. A Law is set up to establish order in a country. It is to protect the citizens and the country itself. It may not need to be considered as 'a set of rules'. The only reason most people do not break the Law is for fear of getting into trouble or suffering from the feeling of immense guilt. This is where ethics come in. It is not the telling off part that contributes to a code of conduct being ethics, however it is the feeling behind the principles that makes them morals.
 

moralsplural of mor·al (Noun)

Noun:
  1. A lesson, esp. one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.
  2. A person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.
It is more a personal opinion or standard that makes ethics. I have used the Association of Americam Educators website as a point of reference and a guide line for a Teacher's code of conduct. These are principles that have already been established before a Teacher walks into a classroom, parents evening or staffroom. This code of conduct is what steers the ethical framework in my place of work. Mostly, these are similar to my personal code of conduct, the reasoning behind this may be because when I took my first visit to the School I work at, I had to read and sign a code of conduct similar to this. However, I have been freelancing for much longer than this and have always abided by the same sort of code. As discussed in Task 5a, I am constantly breaking the 'personal code' barrier as from my experience with ex-college teachers, I feel sometimes that using personal issues can help to enhance a Student's performance as it may provoke memories of a similar experience they have had. I am still unsure if this is a correct method to use when teaching. This is a question that is included in my inquiry as it is an area that I would really like to develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment