Thursday 1 November 2012

Task 5d

Task 5d
 
 
People within my SIG! We can discuss on my blog or on my LinkedIn SIG, which ever is easiest for you. I want to discuss the ethical depth of my inquiry. How ethical is my inquiry? What ethics should I consider? Is there any that I haven't mentioned?
 
Just a reminder of my choice of aim for my inquiry: An inquiry to explore why a teacher would use certain approaches whilst teaching  the dramatic arts and why this is believed to benefit the teacher and students
 
I think the biggest discussion will be based on teaching the use of Method Acting and how that will effect students. Ethics will definitely need to be considered there as it is a teaching approach which will provoke Students to look into their personal lives. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,

    The students are going to be ethically tricky here. It's a great inquiry, but really you need to observe the students to see how they react to the different approaches. Depending on the establishment getting permission from parents shouldn't be that difficult. Have you looked into this at all?

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ahmet,

    I haven't! However, I don't think my inquiry will need me to have parental consent as I am just passing out surveys to children who want to do it and the school already has permission for that sort of thing. I should look into this and maybe ask the school again whether I need to send out some letters to pupils or if they should? I am allowed to sit in and watch drama classes so I don't need permission for that as I am already a teacher at the school. How are you getting on with Reader 3?

    Thanks
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything seems easier to digest after the Reader on Ethics. I did struggle with that one!!! It asks as a kind of guide for research tools. Just working on it now. I will be in touch as i've love to pilot a few ideas with you and happy to help you out too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i too am doing research with children however i am assuming the age of the children i shall be looking into will be a lot younger than yours! however it may interest you that i found a guidline of ethics for researching with children, maybe you would find it benificial to have a read over it aswell just to make sure you have covered all pathways ect.
    Though being a teacher within the school yourself im sure you have!
    :)

    ReplyDelete